Akaki Tsereteli State University (ATSU) is located in Kutaisi, Georgia. It is one of the oldest Caucasian multi-profile higher academic institutions, which ensures the unity and high quality of educational, research and business processes – aims at preparing professionals and leaders who will contribute to the development of their country and the world by creating, accumulating and spreading knowledge.
- 1930 – Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University, in fact, was founded in the entrails of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University.
- 1933-1990 – the institution was in the position of Alexander Tsulukidze State Pedagogical Institute.
- 1990, the higher education institution was transformed into Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University, which was a logical culmination of the great work that the institute successfully had for almost six decades of its existence.
- 2006 – Kutaisi Akaki Tsereteli State University and Kutaisi N. Muskhelishvili State Technical University were unified. Through the unification the educational institution was named as a university and was called Akaki Tsereteli State University.
- By the resolution #353 of the Government of Georgia of 16 November, 2010, the legal entity of public law -Sokhumi State University of Subtropical Agriculture joined Akaki Tsereteli State University
The history of Akaki Tsereteli State University started eight decades ago and now, it is a higher educational institution in Georgia distinguished with its excellent traditions, which have found a decent place in the cultural-intellectual and moral upbringing of generations. The University has gained universal recognition as a result of staff training, high quality scientific potential and wide- ranging links with scientific institutes of advanced countries.
Students’ Support and Development Services functions at Akaki Tsereteli State University which allows the students to communicate directly with the appropriate tier of the University’s hierarchy regarding any subject of personal interest to him/her in the university.