Ilia State University ISU was founded in 2006 as a result of a merger of six different academic institutions with long and varied histories. Currently ISU is one of the leading research and educational institutions in Georgia.
Ilia State University (ISU), located in Tbilisi, is a flagship public research and comprehensive higher education institution in the South Caucasus which focuses on scientific advancement and transferring top notch knowledge to facilitate societal development. Established in 2006 as a merger of six different institutions, each having a long history and a diverse institutional profile, Ilia State University justly occupies the top position among research universities in South Caucasus.
ISU’s mission revolves around three main principles: Unity of Teaching and Research, Unity of Liberal and Specialized Education, and Unity of Universal and Local.
Ilia State University is a member of the following networks and organizations:
- Association “Rondine Cittadella della Pace”
- International Association of Universities – IAU
- Association “Österreichisches Sprachdiplom Deutsch ”- ÖSD
- European Cooperation in the Field of Science and Technology – COST
- European Universities Association – EUA
- European Network of Occupational Therapy (ENOTHE)
- Francophone Universities Agency (AUF)
The University has established partnership relations with different education institutions abroad, some at university others at faculty or individual level.