Cyber Security Specialist
identifies threats to information security and risks of data loss, develops and implements countermeasures and solutions to protect from information loss; ensures the safety and confidentiality of data; participates in the development and implementation of IT solutions
Cell phones, computers, cars, and, for some time now, even household appliances are linking themselves and their owner with a huge amount of data. Information systems in business, commerce and finance have reached gigantic proportions, as evidenced by the current cryptocurrency boom.
All this has led to the formation of new values created or transmitted in cyberspace. Along with this has come the threat of theft, damage, or substitution of these values. To counter attackers, cybersecurity professionals are needed to protect information, anticipate the actions of criminals, and create a secure data-use architecture.
Cybersecurity specialists work in large financial and IT companies, the value of such personnel is noted in government agencies, defense agencies, where their main task is to ensure national security and prevent infiltration into the state infrastructure. The need for such specialists is especially evident now, due to the growing number of cybercrimes and cyberterrorism cases.
Drivers of the Profession
- Informatization of most spheres of human activity
- Increase in the number of cybercrimes and the emergence of new threats in the information space
- Precedents of cybercrime interference with national security interests of different countries
- Development of blockchain technology, formation of the cryptocurrency market
What tasks the specialist solves
- Fight cyber crime in all its manifestations, including cyber terrorism and extortion
- Development of methods to combat malicious software, and protection of private information and intellectual property
- Ensuring the stability of socially important information systems and preventing banking system collapses
- Protection and prevention of external interventions into the infrastructure, including power grids
- Searching for potential vulnerabilities in already existing systems, and eliminating them
What knowledge and skills the student will acquire
- high level of programming skills
- Attention and accuracy when working with code, the ability to find hidden and unobvious sources of infection
- Combination of programming skills with knowledge of physical properties of technical devices
- Analytical skills, ability to calculate the consequences of certain changes
- Ability to quickly assess threats and their sources
- Ability to handle large data sets
- Understanding of the principles of cyber-attacks, knowledge of possible ways to defend against them
Do you want to start exploring a modern profession? Get all the necessary knowledge you can in Simon Kuznets Kharkiv National Economic University ! The university provides quality and modern training in the specialty “Cyber Security”.
BC “INGEK” will help you with paperwork, choosing a specialty, and will also provide prompt communication with the educational institution.
Don’t miss your chance to become a professional!